On Friday, May 7, 2004, at 01:24  PM, TJ Ferreira wrote:

> I just heard it is illegal to collect waste frying oil from any-place
> in Calfornia.  Does anyone know if this is true or not and point me to
> legal documents on the web that state this.

The Department of Food and Agriculture, Meat and Poultry Inspection
Branch,
hereby amends section 300(c), and adopts new article 37.1 and sections
1180.3.1 and 1180.3.2 of Title 3, California Code of Regulations, to
establish
enforcement fees in regulation, to specify the procedures to apply  for
license or registration , and to specify the actual processing times for
licenses and registrations for rendering establishments, collection
centers,
and transporters of inedible kitchen grease.

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/mpi/pdfs/enforcement-fees.pdf

describes the aforementioned amendments and adoptions.

CDFA is Calif. Dept of Food and Agriculture
AHFSS is Animal Health and Food Safety Services
MPI is the Meat and Poultry Inspection Branch

I can only assume that anyone making biodiesel in our state
has complied with the law and has obtained the necessary
permit to transport inedible kitchen grease.