Hello all.

After a month or two hanging out on the list, I have finally overcome
supplier hassles, financial constraints, being out of town
unexpectedly for my mother's funeral, etc., and am now ready to start
making some biodiesel.  I am planning some test batches for this
weekend using Canola oil that I have been hoarding for a couple of
months.  My initial questions relate to using what I have on hand to
run the test batches.

A while back, a person mentioned using Grolsch bottles to mix
methoxide for test batches.  I have a similar bottle from some
marinade, which has a rubber o-ring type seal on the stopper.  Do the
Grolsch bottles also use rubber seals, and if so, has this caused any
problems in methoxide mixing?

Also, I am using the two step process, and for a 1 liter test batch
will need to measure 1 ml of H2SO4, if I remember the process
correctly.  (Don't worry, I will be checking everything out on the
JTF site before starting, to assure that I have everything right.)  I
have standard plastic syringes available, and wanted to assure that
using these to measure the H2SO4 wouldn't cause a problem.

Thanks to all for the help to this point.  I'll keep you informed as
I progress.

Brian