robert luis rabello wrote:
> george meredith wrote:
>

>>Why can`t everyone use gallons,ouarts,pints,ounces,lbs instead of metrics
>>

>       Unit conversions in the metric system simply involve moving a decimal
> around, rather than messing with division.  (How many ounces are in a
> peck?  Better yet, who cares!)  The "rest of the world" is a bit
> smarter than we Americans when it comes to this!
>
>       The only problem with the metric system is that the pitch of metric
> threads is so narrow that bolts don't seem to have the same holding
> power that SAE threads have.  For most of us, however, this is not a
> problem.
>
> robert luis rabello
> "The Edge of Justice"
> Adventure for Your Mind
> http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>

I am finding that most engineers are using metric these days. I'm the
electrical variety myself. Have you ever seen non-metric electromagnetic
units? They are NOT pretty!
The only people still holding on are the general public. I think the
metric system is great.

Martin Klingensmith
http://infoarchive.net/
http://nnytech.net/