Well, Todd, it seems that some folks don't understand, or don't want
to understand, that if a house is built on silt and quicksand it
will soon crumble. Duh. So it is apparent that any information used
as foundation for an argument or testative point and that that
foundation information is flawed then it only stands to reason that
anything emminating from that flawed foundational work will in
itself also be flawed. One cannot gat figs from a cherry tree no
matter how hard one tries, and that is a simple and obvious fact to
all who care to not walk about with their eyes wide shut.

L.
Have a nice day.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You moved so quickly to find error with the sources that you
completely
> > disregarded the argument itself.
>
> Nah, nah, nah, nah homey.
>
> If the foundation is rotten the roof quickly collapses. Again,
there is no
> valid argument than can be constructed on faulty data. You can try
all you
> like, but all you'll end up doing is spending a lifetime shoring
up walls
> and buttressing the ceilings to keep everything from caving in on
you.

> Try firm ground for a change. It will save you and everyone
boatloads of
> effort and grief.
>
> Happy Happy...
>
> Todd Swearingen

Moore
> > credit, he is one of the best I've seen at using facts to lie.
> >
> > > wrestle precious hours away from far more productive
endeavors, all to
> > > rehash erroneous allegations and falsehoods of intentional
foundation.

> > They aren't falsehoods, if you look at the quote I dropped in
from
> > Michael Moore he actually admitted to at least one of those
incidents
> > and the rest are very well documented. He's doesn't make
documentaries,
> > he makes political propaganda. I don't have a problem with
political
> > propaganda even, just as long as its honest and presented as
such. He
> > lies, and presents his work as documentary which it isn't.
> >
> > I'm sitting here reading numerous posts of people saying this is
the
> > best thing they've seen, etc, and I'd simply like them to at the
very
> > least exercise a little more judgment.
> >
> > Randall Sanborn
> >
> > On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 11:10, Appal Energy wrote:
> > > Mr. Sanborn,
> > >
> > > Let's try a little honesty for a moment. I know that it might
pain
> > > you. But
> > > give it a go just once.
> > >
> > > First of all, yes, you're correct. I do make point
of "discredit[ing]
> > > the
> > > source[s]," especially when the "sources" you use are ripe
with error.

> > > Second, when a person utilizes sources chucked full of error
and
> > > disinformation as their foundation for argument, there is
essentially
> > > no
> > > argument and no point or purpose in going 'round and 'round the
> > > mulberry
> > > bush as you would apparently like effect.
> > >
> > > Third, based upon the "sources" that you draw
your "information" from,
> > > it is
> > > rather apparent that you're either an aspiring
disinformatinalist or
> > > someone
> > > who siimply enjoys creating an atmosphere of argument.
> > >
> > > Fourth, in light of that, I'm afraid that you presume far too
much in
> > > your
> > > expectancy that everyone (or anyone) drop everything that
they're
> > > doing,
> > > wrestle precious hours away from far more productive
endeavors, all to
> > > rehash erroneous allegations and falsehoods of intentional
foundation.
> > > what end? Certainly not in search of any truth. Or if so, only
the
> > > "truth"
> > > as you care to interpret it.
> > >
> > > Do you really think that a book such as Al Franken's "Lies and
the
> > > Lying
> > > Liars that tell them, A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right"
would
> > > have made
> > > it out of the batter's box if it was as full of liable and
untruths as
> > > your
> > > "sources" claim?
> > >
> > > And in all honesty, anyone who deliberately assesses judgement
on a
> > > present
> > > issue and/or film based upon an unrelated past issue is
someone who is
> > > far
> > > more set upon a distorted conclusion than upon any conclusion
> > > predicated
> > > upon reality.
> > >
> > > Come to think of it, that practice is exactly what you're
accusing
> > > another
> > > of. One can only presume, based upon your operating on such a
double
> > > standard, that the rules that you would care to apply to
others simply
> > > don't
> > > apply to you?
> > >
> > > Perahaps now you can see why you are so easily discounted?
> > >
> > > Todd Swearingen

Moore puts
> > > together a sequence of scenes to make it look like Heston is
in Flint
> > > immediately after the death of the little girl. He actually
says "Just
> > > as he
> > > did after the Columbine shooting, Charlton Heston showed up in
Flint,
> > > have a big pro-gun rally."
> > >
> > > But, from:
> > > http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=859
> > > "When I spoke to Moore last week, he confirmed Hardy's point
about the
> > > date
> > > of the speech, but angrily denied the allegation that he had
misled
> > > viewers."
> > >
> > > Moore actually admits the date was off. How does he get off
saying he
> > > didn't try to mislead people.
> > >
> > > As for the civilian casualties, there are only a reported
maximum of
> > > about
> > > 11,300 according to
> > > http://www.iraqbodycount.net
> > > Most of the deaths are by cluster bombs and the initial missile
> > > attacks.
> > > But go check out the database, those suicide and car bombers
are
> > > killing
> > > more Iraqi's than americans. When you kill 30-100 people per
bomb
> > > trying to
> > > get back at the American's, your seriously hurting your own
people.
> > > Given
> > > the 325,000 killed in Vietnam and lets not forget the millions
from
> > > WWII. I
> > > do not condone the civilian deaths, and I think we still have
a long
> > > way to
> > > go, but war does have casualties, and I think there were
significant
> > > improvements so far.
> > >
> > > Randall Sanborn

> > > Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> > > http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
> > >
> > > Biofuels list archives:
> > > http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
> > >
> > > Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
> > > To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >

> > > Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> > > http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
> > >
> > > Biofuels list archives:
> > > http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
> > >
> > > Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
> > > To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >

> > >                         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > >                                              click here

> > >         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > >       * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of