Wrong! The plane that Bush was told about was the SECOND plane, and
not the first, so by then it was a known that the country was under
attack. The aircraft had been off course for over an hour at this
point and it is ONLY the President who can give a shoot down order,
so he was at the very least aware that planes had been hijacked
within the US at this point. It was no surprise as witnessed by his
non-reaction. At the poing when Andrew Card told him about the
second plane hitting the WTC it was a know fact that at least three
planes were off course and that they had been hijacked. The hole in
the donut is, "why didn't the Secret Service DO anything?" As a
matter of perecautionary security they should have been all over
Bush and getting him out of a known place he would be in.
When the first plane hit it was assumed it was a terrible accident
as that is the auto reaction it would draw with most thinking people
who have a modicum of morality, but by the time plane two hit that
theory was long gone and it was the second plane Bush was told about
not the first, so surprise or accident was NOT an option the SS
could afford at this poing but they did NOTHING, ergo, it weren't a
surprise.

L.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg  Harbican" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [...]
there was confirmation that it was a deliberate attack, and not an
accident as most of the country thought it was.  How was he to know
at the time he was reading to the children, that it was an attack
upon the country, when he was first told that an " A large aircraft
has crashed into on of the World trade towers ".

> If it was me, and I was told those words, I would have finished
reading to the kids, then left ASAP to cover the accident from the
White House.   As it was his visit to the school was to be at least
1/2 an hour longer, and some sources have said that it was supposed
to be a full hour longer.

> Remember he was in Air Force One, and flying back to Washington
D.C. ( not when he was reading to the kids ), when they finally
figured out it was a terrorist attack and that is why it was
diverted and he spent all that time in a secret location.

> Remember, everyone first thought it was a freak, but, terrible
accident, and under those conditions, I can understand, why he
continued to read to the kids, to show the children some normalcy,
and not scare the kids, by leaving in a huff, in the middle of a
book he was reading.  I would have done the same.

> Yes hindsight is 20/20, but at the time, conditions, and with the
best information everyone had, everyone was operating was operating
the best they could.    Sure, had he 20 minutes of information or
warning, that the world trade center, was the target, of mad men, at
the controls of a airliners, then yes, he would have moved allot
faster, but given the information he had, I don't blame him one bit
for doing what he did.

> Like I said before, given the same information, about it being an
accident, I would have done the same.  Come to think of it, I did
much the same, my sister called and told me about the accident, and
it was another 5-10 minutes before I finished what I was doing, and
then got around to turning on the TV.