Hello Andrew

>Hi all,
>
>Andrew from Scotland. I have been looking into bio-fuels (BF) for a
>while and this group is another addition to my collection of
>knowledge regarding BF.
>
>I would like to find out about trying to make some ethanol. I am not
>a chemist and have little knowledge of the process but in my spare
>time I am reading more and more about the methods used, quite
>interesting but need 'ethanol for dummies' I think!

It's there already. See this recent message:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/37219/
Re: [biofuel] ethanol use

Also:

http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol.html
Ethanol

http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_link.html
Ethanol resources on the Web

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html
Biofuels Library

>I wouldn't like to experiment unless I knew what I was doing and
>that my car would accept it. If I was to make any I would mix it 10%
>in my fuel initially but it would be interesting to find out what
>needs done to the car to run on more pure ethanol say 85% or even
>100%, that is if I do manage to produce really good fuel.
>
>If anyone would care to highlight the ups and downs of the processes
>or feels they might have some useful info. please contact me, I
>would be grateful to hear a real story about it.

Please don't take such discussions offlist unless there's a good
reason for it. This is what the list is for - if you discuss it
onlist everyone can take part, everyone can share the answers, and it
all goes into the list archives where anyone can find it in the
future.

Best wishes

Keith Addison