Yup ! My meter is whacked. I calibrated it with the solutions and it
seemed ok, so I put it away and this morning tried to titrate my WVO
again but to no avail so I re-tested it in the solution again and it
wouldn't calibrate to 10 anymore so I think the bulb is shot.
Mine is one of thos ethat is rigid one-piece and din't com eiwth a
neat little bottle to store it in, so now I got to go out and get
another one that does. No sense in getting another one of the same or
just replacing the bulb as it will be the same old same old all over
again soon, so it is one with an extended electrode that is easily
removed and stored in PH solution. At least that way I will have
somewhat eliminated that as a variable :)
Any other possible solutions to my dilema? I am not adroit enough to
go the phenolphthaline route and strips aren't doing it either.

L.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Philip B. Bechtel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello pH Meter Owners!
>
>     Calibrate them with standard pH solutions regularly is what my
> meter's manual says.  And they provided me with more little foil
packs
> of 4.01, 7.00, and 10.00 pH solution than would fit in the carrying
> case.  They're called "pH Singles", or 20 ml pouches of fresh pH
> calibration buffer and are certified traceable to NIST Standard
> Reference Material.  Also, did you know that you need to either
keep the
> probe wet in de-ionized water between uses or wet the probe for a
few
> minutes before use in de-ionized water?  One source of de-ionized
water
> is distilled water from the grocery store.  I have never had a
problem
> with mine, but it's not like I have lots of experience yet and I
have
> always rinsed the probe after use and stored it in the little
> screw-tight bottle that my probe came with when new.
>
> Phil Bechtel
>
> bioveging wrote:
>
> >My PH meter seems to be out of whack. Does this happen on any kind
> >of regular basis?
> >The "new" WVO I have is clearly better than the other lot I did
and
> >it is titrating even worse than the 10gr/liter batch and I do not
> >think this is possible so I acquired some PH solution from the
> >aquarium store (one a 7 and another one a 10) and haven't tested
> >them yet, although I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble
> >with PH meters going out of sink.
> >I checked two seperate lots of WVO, both better than the sludge I
> >did my 20 liter with, and they BOTH titrated higher than
10gr/liter
> >so something is amiss I am sure.
> >I plan on checking my PH meter ASAP and will post any results, but
> >in the mean time any comments?
> >
> >L.
> >

> >Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> >http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
> >
> >Biofuels list archives:
> >http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
> >
> >Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
> >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> - Philip B, Bechtel                   "The earth is but one
country    -
> - AARDSYS,LLC                          and mankind it's
citizens."     -
> - (716) 510-6362                             --
Baha'u'llah            -