G'day.

I processed a 40 liter batch using my newly completed (minus
methanol recovery condenser) reactor based upon the "Appleseed"
design, http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor8.html. I
added isolation of the reactor pump by installing a couple extra
valves, one right after the exit and another just before the pump
and another valve in between that acts as a glycerine drain whereby
I can open the one closest to the reactor and leave the other one
closed so as not to get any backwash from the settled BD.
Once the mixing is complete I turn off the pump and then immediately
isolate the reactor by closing the valve closest to it and the other
one on top nearest the intake (that isolates everything inside the
reactor and should I then want to recover the methanol I can then
use the valve I have where the anode used to be and send it to a
condenser.
Ok, the benefits part: By isolating the reacted material immediately
inside the reactor I am left with some processed material in the
pump and tubes and by opening the glycerine drain valve and one of
the ones on top it completely drains all of these into a Masson jar
and this material is then left to settle and it becomes test
material for quality testing my BD
(http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_vehicle.html#quality)
BEFORE having to wash it or remove it from the reactor.

Now I have a question: I did what I have just described and ended up
with a tripple layer,unreacted oil I suspect due to not enough heat
during processing, so the question is:
Can I simply turn on the heat in the reactor to 55C (130F) and then
fire up the pump again and cycle it for about an additional 30
minutes and let it settle again to get rid of the unreacted oil so I
can have good fuel? My titration was good (I did it twice with the
same results both times) and the test batch was also OK.
The processed oil has not seen light of day at tis point so I am
figuring that it would probably work, but then perhaps someone with
a little more experience (most I assume :))could enlighten me on it.

Thanks

L.