Hey Al;

Welcome to the list. There are many models of procesors that all do
the job, it all depends on what your particular needs are.
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html is where you
can several examples.
Personally I have opted for the "Appleseed" fumeless type processor,
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor8.html except that I
have adapted it for my personal needs.
Mine is a 135 liter (30impGal) water heater and a 200 liter
polyeurethane wash tank (both approx the same dimensions)paterned
after Sean Park's Standpipe design found here:
http://www.veggieavenger.com/avengerboard/viewtopic.php?t=333) Due
to space limitation I enclosed it in a mobile cabinet and use the
Harbor Freight/Northern Tools 1" clear water pump for mixing. (it
works very well).
I adapted a system of methoxide delivery combining the information
found at JtF called "Methoxide the Easy Way"
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_aleksnew.html#easymeth and the
air assisted delivery of JtF's 90 liter processor
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor10.html to get past
the check valve resistance.
I use a pre-heat tank, like the 90 liter, only I have it set up
above the level of the pump so that gravity feeds it thereby by-
passing the need to prime the non-self priming water pump and the
WVO already being at near processing temps of 55C (130F) is easier
on the pump to handle. Also mine uses an immersion heater from a
110V water heater element welded into the sie at just a few inches
from the bottom of the metal drum, off-centerd to the garden hose
drain spout also welded into the very bottom of the small drum
(38liter) for complete draining.
All electricals pass through a control panel that has the pump, the
pre-heat and the reactor all connected via breaker switches which
act as on/off switches and twist-lock connections limiting the
possibility of sparking should the wires get partly pulled out and
creating a potential fire hazzard. There is also one regular 110V
double plug for the bubbler and cabinet lights and the whole control
panel has an emergency mushroom type kill switch that cuts all
electrical power to the unit. The entire unit is wired to a 110V
cable that plugs into any 15A wall socket.
It measures 3ft wide, 6ft high and 8 1/2 ft long with the fold out
table extended out the side. This later can be retracted if not
needed or can also serve as a work table in a pinch. Between the
reactor and wash tanks is sufficient room for shelves that hold the
methoxide delivery carboy and other peripheral stuff.
The underside has room to accomodate 10, 22 liter pails (19 inches
high) and it is all mounted on casters for mobility.
This beast can sit in a spare bedroom and with the doors closed can
be fitted with a decorative blanket and no one will be the wiser
(except for the odor of WVO) I originally put it together for use in
an underground garage but that didn't pan out so now it is still in
a compact space so the design is perfect for the task.
So, as you can immagine by now, it really all depends on what your
personal needs are and the amount of free space you have and whether
or not discretion is an issue.
Study all the models at JtF and consider what I have just described
and put something together that will suit your demands.Just make it
safe (fumeless).

L.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM