Phorum is good software, open source. The 5.07 beta is really powerful.

It allows lists such as this to have a web interface that arranges subjects and threads in a visually meaningful manner, yet retains full list functionality for those who prefer email. The integration is pretty seamless. Users choose what works best for them.

If this were a democracy, i would vote yes to having a web interface. Don't forget the many people who only have internet access at the library or cyber-cafe.

2 pesos from south of the equator...

andres

Hello Andres,
Making the decision to choose mailman was a difficult one. We did not know
about Phorum when we made the decision, however; we were very worried about
security at the time due to the fact that Yahoo! had proved to be very
unreliable and insecure.
Mailman is use by hundreds of mailing lists and is known to be secure.
Unfortunately we did not know anything about the security of alternatives that
were considered.

---
Martin Klingensmith
nnytech.net