Hallo Peggy,

Tuesday, 04 January, 2005, 20:50:04, you wrote:

P> Hello Gustl,

P> Is it appropriate to ask how we are doing with numbers of responses and
P> contributions?  Just wondering if there is a need to repeat the request
P> for help or if goals are reasonable satisfied.

P> Thanks,
P> Peggy

Of course it is appropriate. :o)

I  have  been  contacted  by  15  list members for my address and have
received  donations from six of them and have donated myself.  We have
received a total of $350 to date.

While  that is impressive from just seven people I had really hoped to
spread  the burden a little thinner and to have been able to report to
Keith  and  Martin substantially more.  With over 2,000 list members I
had  hoped  that  with  a  dollar or two apiece from somewhere pushing
close to half of us that would be a burden we could share and bear.

I  just  checked into what it would cost to upgrade my computer and to
put  it  in  decent  shape hardware wise (cpu, mainboard, memory, hard
disk  of a decent size) I would have to pay $500 or more.  I know that
running  a  server and upgrading that is even more costly.  I won't be
upgrading my computer anytime soon by the way. :o)

>From  my  point of view this is an effort in community building, right
living  and effort. Just as in any family we have our difficulties but
in  the end we are interested in the welfare of the family and helping
those  in  the  family  (and  again  from  my point of view we are all
members of the human family). This list and JtF are perhaps only small
things  in  the  narrow  view  but it is more often than not the small
things  which  make the most difference. In this case this small thing
is  working  to  make  the  lives  of  us  all better. The efforts and
cooperation  of  Keith  and  Martin,  and indeed all on this list, are
aimed  at  making  a  kinder and better world for us all. There may be
those  who are interested only in their own gain but I believe them to
be  in  the minority. If we are nothing else we are a small example of
how things can and hopefully will someday be.

I  appreciate,  and  know  that  both  Keith  and  Martin do also, the
generosity of those kind folks who have donated to this worthy effort.
If  anyone else cares to pitch in I have no plans to go anywhere for a
while  and will be happy to receive and pass on any further donations.
More  money  is  needed but not expected as this is a purely voluntary
effort.   I  view each gift as an unexpected surprise and am grateful.

Happy Happy,

Gustl
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
Mitglied-Team AMIGA
ICQ: 22211253-Gustli
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Stra§e liegen,
da§ sie gerade deshalb von der gewšhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth