muchas gracias
F.

----- Original Message ----- From: "FRANCISCO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Jatropha

Francisco
1) I am please to share with you my views about Jatropha after a detailed literature research during the last 2 years. We are about to start a work to "domesticate" Jatropha here in Brasil.

2) Those are the figures I am using for a local project using Jatropha curcas L.

*Planting*: 2 a 3 kg of _*seeds *_per hectare.(Approx. 1.300 seeds / Kg.). Assume 50% of seed will not generate healthy plants.**

*Potential  harvesting  ( _seeds_ not fruit ) *

*            1¼ year                    *130   kg/ha**

*            2¼                          *520   kg/ ha

*            3¼                        *1300   kg/ha

*            4¼                        *2600   kg/ha

*            5¼                        *4160   kg/ha

*            6¼ till  30¼ year    *6300   kg/ha

*Harvesting :* 1.300 a 2.500 kg _*seeds*_ per  hectare  third  year and on

*Productivity harvesting ( man hour ):* 2 kg a 3 kg seeds/ men hour there are no mechanical equipment for jatropha yet. Assume will maintain plant height at 2m. at the most.

*Oil content*: 5kg a 5,5 kg of seed has 1,25 litres a 1,48 liters of oil. ( 25% up to 35% content of oil )To run calculations be conservative like i am as of now. There are no scientific hard data on this . First large experiment is being conduct by Daimler Benz at Gujarat, India .So far so good.

<>*__**__**__*Oil pressing efficiency: *__* 80 % o the potential oil (1,0 liters a 1,19 liters per hour ) (semi-industrial)
Cleaning efficiency: about  90 %

Transesterification: about 97% efficient

You have to dry the fruit in the shadow. Peel it clean the seed and than press it properly. *Very important to press it properly and degum the pure oil in order to get a good biodiesel at the end. There are few critical tricks.*

Pls note my numbers are *conservative not pessimistic not optimistic*. I contacted Africa, Germany ( Gtz, Reinhard at Hoekeheim University, etc. ) India ( Dr. Satish, etc. ) and Nicaragua and came up with above figures. Actual numbers will be better than those prior indicated so you can run a sensitivity for a 10% increase on final number of biodiesel.. Actual numbers will be in this range

Saludos y Feliz a–o a todos
Chico (Francisco Ramos from Rio de Janeiro and Santiago de Compostela )

francisco j burgos wrote:

Dear  Andrew Lowe:
Many thanks,
Francisco.