Hi everybody,

I was wondering if I can also make methylesters out of pure rapeseed oil. I
added a NaOH + methanol mixture to the oil, but it didn't really worked out
they way it should be. (at least in my opinion ;-) )
The result can be found on:
http://users.pandora.be/thunderbirdIII/bio/1stbatch.jpg

On the right, you can see the pure oil, and next to it the threated oil, but I
don't really see any glycerol layer. Is this normal when I'm using unused
oil? Any possible reasons why it didn't worked?

It would be great if somebody can share his toughts on this.

Kind regards,

Gregory