Hello Keith !
Of course there is a possibility that unsaturated compounds interact in the
lubricating oil, but if the engine«s combustion is proper, you do not have
to expect big problems. But, there are other ways for the fuel to get in
contact with the engine oil: It the engine is equipped with a row pump, with
one pump element per injector, there is a possibility (due to construction
error) that some of the fuel slips by the pump piston entering the engine
oil. Some engine manufacturers refuse to acknowledge biodiesel, because once
in the oil, it will not vaporise the way ordinary diesel engine fuel does.
But the to be on the safe side, cut the oil change intervals by half, which
is recommended by many engine manufacturers. Maybe you even can get Castrol
to analyse samples of your oil and look for signs of polymerisation.
You can safely assume that the EN 14214 is technically founded, although it
has its shortcomings. For info on me with a high iodine number, I advice you
to enter:
www.scanbio.org
for further information about the products of ESTRA AS.

Best wishes

Jan Warnqvist
AGERATEC AB

[EMAIL PROTECTED]