Hello,

You are invited to participate in the Biofuels Community Conference & Car Show,
held in Santa Cruz, CA on May 21-22, 2005.

Our invitation is online at http://www.biofuel.coop/downloads/invitation.pdf
and I've pasted the text below as well.

More to come! Please distribute this. We are gearing up our publicity and
outreach campaign, and will be posting our posters, press release, conference
agenda, etc. on www.biofuel.coop shortly.

Yours truly,
Dave Shaw

Biodiesel Council of California (www.biodieselcouncil.org)
Santa Cruz Cooperatives (www.santacruz.coop)
Biofuel Coop (www.biofuel.coop)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BIOFUELS COMMUNITY
CONFERENCE & CAR SHOW

THE TIME:       May 21st, 8:00 a.m. to May 22nd, 3:30 p.m.

THE PLACE:      University of California, Santa Cruz

THE THEME:      The Future of Biofuels

THE PURPOSE:
☼ Showcase successes in the grassroots biofuels
community and active biofuels cooperatives
☼ Provide a place for creativity and networking
☼ Educate about sustainable biofuels
☼ Documentation of the biofuels movement
☼ Consider the urgency and issues facing biofuel businesses, workers, and
consumers

SOME OUTCOMES:
☼ Specific actions for addressing the needs which the participants believe
are vital
☼ A stronger network of people for getting things done

THE HOSTS:      Homes On Wheels, Education for Sustainable Living Program,
Santa Cruz biofuels collective, www.biofuel.coop

THE APPROACH:   The event relies upon the active participation of attendees for
education and action planning. On Saturday and Sunday, we will use a method
that enables groups of all sizes to effectively deal with complex issues in
short time periods. Expect to work hard and have fun. And expect the
unexpected.

We hope to cultivate a festival-like atmosphere with music, circus arts, a
biofuels car show, and wholesome food surrounding the conference.

LOGISTICS:      Event registration is a suggested donation of $40 per day. No
one will be turned away for a lack of funds. Food will be available for sale
from Kresge Community Natural Foods cooperative, and by donation from Homes on
Wheels cooperative.

We are coordinating ridesharing to and from the event. Guest housing options
may be available. Please RSVP soon to partake in these community services.

Homes On Wheels wishes to make this event accessible to people with
disabilities. If you need accommodation, please call SOAR at 459-2934.

TO REGISTER:
Contact Conference Coordinators at [EMAIL PROTECTED], (831) 454-0343.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

http://www.biofuel.coop

Biofuels Conference
13 Leonardo Lane
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

Alissa White, (831) 454-0343, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dave Shaw, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SEE YOU THERE!