with a high IV with one with a lower, should produce an average IV.

No Jan, that's not what I said, I don't think it will produce an average IV. An iodine test might give you an average result, but the makeup of the high IV oil will remain unchanged, and it will polymerise anyway. How can blending oils change their chemical characteristics? The double bonds will remain, though in the blend there will be fewer of them, only because there'll be less of that kind of oil. But it will still polymerise. I'm not sure about this, but it seems logical, and your explanation seems illogical - merely blending oils cannot change their chemical characteristics.

But in
some course literature I read some time ago, it said that "oil spill from
rape seed oil will leave you two months to wipe it up before it polymerizes,
soy bean oil will leave you two weeks, and linseed oil two days. " From this
way of reasoning one can conclude, when comparing the average IV values of
each oil, that blending rape seed oil with llinseed oil to an average IV
value of soybean oil, will produce an oil with similar polymerization
properties as soybean oil.

I just don't see it - what effect can mixing rapeseed oil with linseed oil have on the double bonds of the linseed oil? There is no chemical reaction. The double bonds will still be there, unchanged, and will still polymerise.

And further- if producing of biodiesel out of high IV oils, will lower

Lower it yes, but not remove it as you recently claimed. Biodiesel made from high IV oils will also polymerise, but not as rapidly ast raw oil would.

the
fatty acidsŤ ability to polymerize one can conclude that the first step of
polmerization takes place within the triglyceride molecule, possibly with
bridges of oxygen between the double bonds of different fatty acids. In
methyl ester the fatty acids with the right will to polymerize have some
difficulties finding each other and build bridges.

Some difficulties perhaps, but it will still happen.

Best wishes

Keith

Give me some input on this way of explanation ,Keith !
Best regards
Jan

Jan Warnqvist
AGERATEC AB