when I collected it. It had the highest titration I have found so far (4.7g/L NaOH); processed using 5 + 4.7 -> 9.7g/L NaOH (methanol process).

The result gave a very heavy/gel glycerine layer. The result that has been standing in air has formed some gelly-like, almost clear solid suspended in the BioD. I have just finished washing a 15L tester, and it seems to be coming up fine.

A sample that I have left in the air for a day has formed an almost clear gel, retaining the shape of the beaker when I tip it. It is floating in what looks like 'normal' BioD.

However - I want to understand what this is and the possible causes, and the ramifications of using the BioD.

Hypotheses:
---
1) High water content in the source oil - hence this stuff is a form of soap (glop soap?)
2) Something I do not know about

If it is soap, can I hope to remove it using washing alone? Once it starts congealing, is this washing likely to work?

I am going to do some further experiments (ie. washing) to see what happens, but I would be grateful for the benefit of others experience dealing with this - new experience.

This is my seventh 30L batch and the first time I have seen something like this.

Thanks in anticipation. Can provide photos if that would help with the diagnosis.

Cheers
   Don