few years ago. About 80% were caused by distractions outside the car (billboards, that woman walking down the street, etc.). Of the 20% caused by distractions inside the car, the top two were eating in the car and adjusting the car stereo. Cell phones were responsible for just over 10% the number of accidents caused by eating while driving. If we're enacting laws, lets start with McDonald's drive-thrus and car stereos.

Brian
BRIAN THOMAS
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Foran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] cell phones and safety

Kim,
 I continue to be amazed by the disregard for others demonstrated by
most drivers.  I commute 30 miles to and from work each day.  I see
people reading books, talking on phones, and/or putting on makeup
while driving.  Our society seems to think that multi-taksing extends
into their driving time.
 Talking on the phone take more attention than having a conversation
with another passenger, but people still do not seem to care.  I can
see that laws similar to drunk driving laws will need to be enacted
before people understand the gravity of their actions.

Larry