I've priced up Energea plant. I'm sure it's excellent quality kit,
but with site, storage tanks and vehicles, it's only economic at 5T
per hour running 2 shifts per day. A business plan can be worked
around it, but it's a big eneterprise for a start-up industry.

I'm being told that in UK a methyl ester plant has to be treated like
any other chemical plant. This means you need consulting engineers to
design and build the plant with all the considerable set up costs
that involves. £50,000 to £100,000 is being suggested for the design
and feasability documentation alone  :(
plus who-knows-what to get it built to spec and quality assured for
insurance. :( :(

Can anybody confirm if this is realistic?

We are talking about a methoxide mixer, oil reaction vessel, methanol
recovery and associated pipes, pumps and controls. There must be
loads of much higher rated used batch chemical plant that could do
the job.

All the other processes should be non hazardous - dewatering, washing
etc.

I don't want a dirty or dangerous plant, I just want something
realistic that can expand with additional production modules as
demand grows.

Help!!!

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX