I've been trying to get money out of the landfill trust. They have
hundreds of millions of pounds to spend, but they are not interested
in supporting any business - however green and not even if they pay
back all profits treating it as a loan. If you want to plant
daffodills or re-roof the scout hut no problem. If you want to do
something really useful they won't help.

It's a maze of beurocracy and people who don't talk to each other. If
it was not quite so bad I'd think it was deliberate. But I don't
think they have the collective intelligence to organise anything.
It's just another moneygoround for the funding quangos.

A pilot plant could fit in, but would have to be very small and none
profit making and anyway somebody is already doing that in Wales.
Good luck to them, but it's really reinventing the wheel.

Cynical moi?
No, I think just disillusioned and more realistic than a few weeks
ago.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "goat industries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK guys! When does the fun start? How about putting some pressure
on our friends at C&E to release some of that dosh the government set
aside for sustaianble fuels ... the green fuel challenge ... or are
they going to mess it up?

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm