From: Ani

----- Original Message -----
From: Business North
To: Business North
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 2:30 PM
Subject: Fw: Virus warning

Hi all
we received this so are doing the right thing!

I have just had a message warning us that we may have a sleeper virus (called
jdbgmgr.exe) infecting our address book. On checking we did indeed find it.

This virus is not detected by normal antivirus software like McAfee or Norton.
It stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system. The virus is sent
automatically by the Messenger and by the address book, wether or not you sent
e-mails to your contacts.

I checked, found and deleted it. Now it is your turn!!!

1. Go to Start, Find or Search Option

2.  In the Files/Folder option , write the name "jdbgmgr.exe"

3. Be sure to search in your C: drive

4. Click"find now"

5. The virus has a little bear icon with the name "jdbgmgr.exe - DO NOT OPEN
IT!!

6. Right click and delete it (it will then go to the recycle bin)

7. Go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well, or empty the bin

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, LIKE I DID, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR
ADDRESS BOOK WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

Emeritus Professor Nigel and Mrs Mandy Forteath
B.A., Ph.D., F.T.S.E., F.R.E.S., M.I.Biol., C.Biol.
Omlas Pty Ltd
ABN: 17 080 319 884
27 Gorge Road
TREVALLYN  Tasmania  7250