Todd wrote:
"David,

I'm trying to get a handle on what "yesterday's technology" is
relative to biodiesel manufacture.

Esterification and transesterification technologies aren't going
to be changing much more in the future than they have in the
recent past. And even if a few improvements in CP or catalysts
occur, the wheel is still going to be round, invaluable and
profitable.

Todd Swearingen"

I have agreed with most of what you said to Tom.  The new technologies
include biological (enzymes) and phyical (UV, u'sonic) methods, algae
feedstock and such like.  This is distinct from fine-tuning our present
processes with heat exchangers, vacuum distillation etc.  The
batch/continuous question is irrelevant, although it would be interesting to
hear how Simon Wells' miniature continuous processor is coming along.

David T.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm