There are initiatives to produce plant oil and use it as fuel (Jatropha oil).
But in a direct way (SVO = straight vegetable oil).

I think it is much more easy to use the pure plant oil and adapt the engine to
use it. Some stationary engines even don't have to be modified, like the Indian
Lister type engines, which you find in East African countries.

You find a list of Jatropha initiatives in the different countries in the
Jatropha website

http://www.jatropha.org

cliocking on network asnd countries.

Regards

Reinhard Henning

"Nizar  W. Ramji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> I need information if there are any projects pertaining to biofuels for East
> African Countries(Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda)?
>
> Nizar W. Ramji

> Biofuels at Journey to Forever
> Biofuel at WebConX
> http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm
> List messages are archived at the Info-Archive at NNYTech:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/

bagani GbR, Reinhard Henning, Rothkreuz 11, D-88138 Weissensberg, Germany
Tel: ++49 8389 984129, Fax: 984128, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
internet: www.bagani.de

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/9bTolB/TM