Dear Mr. Rajendra Sharma and all:

I am very glad and literally happy to learn on this list suddenly about so many
ernest activities and BD interested parties in India! Great! Realy great! I
happend to travel to Mumbai, Pune and Nasik in Jannuary 02 and had the
opportunity to introduce the idea of Biodiesel to some private sector petro
chemists.

And now I can see all that happening "by itself". Looks like the very working
of "Rtambara Pragya", the divine power of the seasons....

Anyway, what I wantes to contibute:
The process of transesterification of a plant oil (used or fresh) does not
involve any change in carbon chain lenght. Unfortunitly.

We would be very happy to achive that; it would solve all our problems with the
cloud point of BD in cold climates!

I am aware that it is a common misconcept that the lower viscousidy of BD
compared to plant oil could be from chain lenght managment. These are not
common hydrocarbons!

Actually the change is in molecular size and complexidy (from triglycerid to
methyl ester), but NOT in the chain lenght of the fatty acid chains themselves.

Nevertheless, we are very keen to see some Biodiesel produced in India as soon
as possible!
Good luck!

Regards,
Camillo Holecek