Chris,

If you have good separation on the GC, might I suggest GC/MS that way you
can tentatively identify each peak. Should you not be able to use this
instrument. I the GC is still your best source. I am not sure whether there
is an existing database that references the relative amounts of each
compound in the biodiesel mixture. But you could certainly start one. I will
look back in some of my papers and see if someone had actually started this
process.

>From: Chris Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: biofuels-biz@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [biofuels-biz] small scale testing
>Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:17:37 -0800 (PST)
>

>Hello,
>
>I've been working on Aleks Kac's 'foolproof' transesterfication process in
>a lab here at ASU.  I've come up with several good seeming products, but am
>looking for some good ways for testing the process.  I've thought about
>Thin Layer Chromatography, but I need some data to be able to compare my
>results to for accuracy.   Has anyone experimented with the testing of the
>procedure to see how efficient the process is?
>
>We've run a batch through a Gas Chromatograph and the results seemed
>positive but were not conclusive.  Is there any database for this
>information?
>
>Thanks

>Chris Jude
>ASU Biodiesel Club
>Boone, NC
>1980 MB 240D - 350K miles

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/9bTolB/TM