That's what's so great about these forums. Responses often include previous contributions, so that there is little ambiguity about context and little opportunity for misrepresentation.

It's all here Terry -- especially the remarks about your hope that those drug dealers and thieves become convinced to join the military ("improving their lives") instead of victimizing you and your neighbors. I was thinking of "them" as just poor until you tried clearing things up for me.

Mike

Terry DeSimone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not exactly sure what you're trying to read into this or where you're trying to take it,but if this is the way you feel,this is the way you feel.
                               Regards,
                               Terry

Michael Redler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"If your going to sling red herring and strawmen, at least aim for the fireplace where they can both be appropriately toasted." OK -- that was pretty cool Todd.

Somebody wrote: "They could be in your neighborhood selling drugs,robbing and stealing,that would be much easier than making a commitment to improving their lives."

Let me understand this. If such a large portion of "them" are in the military and "they" would otherwise be "in your neighborhood selling drugs,robbing and stealing" in significant numbers (if I understand you correctly), then we have an army of drug dealers and thieves.

Apparently, this immoral minority also likes to torture prisoners when in the right environment. Although, wait a minute, the ones on trial are white. ...must be a fluke.

Anyway, the bigots and xenophobes in this group seem to be interested in formulating a final solution to kick "them" out, keep "them" out, or otherwise send "them" away. This reminds me of a little town in Germany called Potsdam where similar discussions took place.

Mike