robert luis rabello wrote:

Keith Addison wrote:

<snip>

There was an ammonia based refrigeration unit powered by an off axis solar tracker in Home Power magazine many years ago. It produced pressure in excess of 100 psi (I think. . . Oh, where ARE those brain cells???) during its operation, and I thought it would make an excellent unit for the AFEX process. Combined, it could produce ice and subsequent to enzymatic treatment, feedstock for fermentation and ethanol fuel.

I've found that page in the past, and saved a pdf file of it. Uploaded it to:
http://databrook.com/users/dcs3400/solarice.pdf
I believe it is what you are referring to.

doug swanson