Hello All,

I have refrained from this thread until now.  What you are saying here is a
mish-mash of the Snorri version of the origin of Odin, mixed with the basic
folk movements. Snorri, to keep the Christian Church happy at the time he
transcribed the Sagas etc, stated that Odin and the Aesir moved to
Scandinavia from Troy !!!

To obtain a better historical view, for a start, read the Origins of the
Goths, written by a late day Roman, Jordanes,
http://www.boudicca.de/jordanes0-e.htm  here you can see the names and
locations of the people who were in pre-pre-pre Viking Scandinavia.

Jordanes states clearly the people living in Scandinavia were the long
before the Romans, and we have in Norway Stone age villages, bronze age
villages and Iron age sites.  The Longship design can be see evolving in our
cave drawings totally independent from Rome

Similarly The origins of the Dutch http://www.boudicca.de/frisian1.htm

The original Scandinavian Peoples (there are more than one) arrived in
Norway, Sweden and Denmark some 14,000 years ago from Central point of the
Caucasus.  On the way, they mingled with the Finno Ungaro people and
produced the current blends.

The origins of the runic writing system are different from the origins of
the people, and are indeed common with some runes found in Turkey.

Concerning the development of the longships, the Viking technology is
domestically developed and can be seen in the gradual evolution of the
design from around the Baltic over centuries, and includes the versions that
the Saxons used.  As a further point concerning the Vikings ability to
innovate, visit the State museum in Copenhagen and see the Viking wagon
fitted with wooden roller bearings.......nuff said.

If anyone would like to continue this thread, I am more than happy to
continue off line.

Cheers

Fred Enga