I can tell you now you will have a lot of trouble from the ASPG if you propose this idea. See here:
http://www.pugbus.net/News/05032005_joliegravity.htm
Apparently Angelina Jolie has taken up the torch as spokesperson for the movement to conserve gravity. Like Jolie many of us here on the list are concerned with conserving things. This is NOT a throw away world. And here we have someone right under our noses who wants the just throw away a significant portion of our most basic natural resource gravity itself. Sheesh!

MH wrote:

This might be interesting if the
effects of gravity could be reduced or
other technological developments implemented --
The VW 1L fuel economy is one litre per 100 kilometres
or about 235 miles per US gallon in 2002 and I don't know
what the average speed was. 290 kilogram (639 lb.) vehicle.
The California Commuter
104 kilogram (230 lb.) vehicle. Gasoline Record
   The 157.192 MPG at 55 MPH gasoline
record was set on November 20, 1980. Diesel Record
   The 156.53 MPG at 56.3 MPH diesel
record was set on November 30, 1981. http://www.canosoarus.com/03CalifCommuter/CalCom01.htm
The Mini Micro Missile
A bicyclist on a typical road bike has to develop
1.0 Horsepower continuously to hold a speed of 30 Miles Per Hour.
A "first class athlete" can sustain this level of effort for
some 30 seconds whereas a "healthy human" can only sustain
this level of effort for about 12 seconds.
At 30 MPH, 12 seconds is just enough time to travel 200 meters! . . . . . . 8 year old with maybe 1/8th of an adult's total Horsepower capacity
officially average 29.62 MPH over the 200 meter traps to become the
"World's Fastest Self Propelled Kid" . . . http://www.canosoarus.com/12MMMissile/MMM01.htm Producing just 0.1 Horsepower, which a
   "healthy human" can do for 8 hours continuously,
   a bicyclist on the moon would be cruising at 237 MPH!
   That is just 1/10th of the horsepower an earthbound
   cyclist needs to produce in order to be moving
along at a crummy 30 MPH! . . . http://www.canosoarus.com/12MMMissile/MMM05.htm