hmm, don't be sure, todd.  you're assuming that rushie's true beliefs aren't
ten times more extreme than what he lets show in public.  hitler was very
selective and careful about the image he projected to the general public.  and
if
by "rabid little zealot" you're referring to the extreme emotionality he could
display, this was more a tool he used for political rallies (at least earlier
on), and in any case it wasn't so out of place in those days.

best,

-chris
--- Begin Message ---
> Hitler would have been a guaranteed
> success as American talk show host.

Some similarities Hakan, but even Limbaugh is only marginally "popular." Most of my right-wing friends see him for precisely what he is - a showman who's painted himself into a corner. A lucrative corner at that.

Even so, Americans would probably always opt for the bigger, more bellicose, fat man in a tie before they would a small, thin, guy sporting brown dress fatigues, a paint brush on his upper lip and trying to hide his bald spot with a comb over.

They would also tend to exercise their "Christian principles" of forgiveness and give a higher rating to the hipocrit-once-drug-fiend who knows their favored rhetoric backwards and forwards rather than a rabid little zealot.

On the other hand, at least in today's era, Herr Adolf could probably be cast on some obscure network, like....., oh....., perhaps CBS? Or maybe the After Hours Disney Channel?

Todd Swearingen

Hakan Falk wrote:

Doug,

Amazing.

Hitler would have been a guaranteed success as American talk show host.

Hakan