Hakan,

I don't disagree with your comments about Kieth. After all, his background in journalism and his understanding of what the "free press" really means, helps keep the group's objectivity.

Kieth: were talkin' about ya -- hope you don't mind

:-)

My biggest concern is what to do about a moderator who does not understand the responsibility associated with authority and becomes zealous with power for his/her own personal gratification -- authority for it's own sake. We could be talking about a group of thousands who eventually decide to tolerate abusive behavior because it is outweighed by the information gained. I would think that many in this list take issue with that -- especially having discussed our political climate. I've personally seen (off-line, in-person) clubs and associations who have adopted this behavior and they give me the creeps. I'm not a sociologist or mental health professional, but I draw parallels between this kind of small scale, group behavior and cults or even dictatorships.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this. I just find it difficult to actively resist abuse of power off-line and tolerate it on-line.

Mike

Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mike,

In essence, what you are saying, is that Keith is among the best moderators
out there. It might be explained by that he after all is professional, but
it is also a skill in dealing with people. So, if you want this as a topic,
it will be a well deserved "love song" to Keith. It would not be the first
time.

Hakan