> tell me how long Biodiesel will keep after production.

Keep it in an airtight vessel with only enough head space for thermal expansion and contraction and it will be sufficient beyond this time next year. More probably well beyond that. At least long enough for the fallout to settle, a season's worth of rains to soak it in and you to plant another crop so you can do whatever it is that you feel you must do that can't be done without an infernal combustion engine.

Spec it to10 microns filtration and be happy. After that, it's not the sediment that will grab you by the short and curlies but the saturated esters (from animal fats and hydrogenated oils. Depending upon the parent stock, your filter could be throttled by "B-100" at temps as high as 40*F.

Last time we rendered deer tallow and made biodiesel from it we were stonewalled after an overnight temp of 56*F.

Todd Swearingen

Ian & Theresa Sims wrote:

Does anyone tell me how long Biodiesel will keep after production.
Can someone clarify the final filter process after production. Some say 5 microns some say 10. Mike pelly's recipe dosn't seem to say anything about it? And how long should it stand or can you pour it straight in?
Cheers Ian