Hello group,
I am a beginner in the conversion of WVO to BD and I have been having trouble
with my titration process.  On JTF there are 2 reference documents on titration
which I have been using as my guide.  However, I don't seem to get consistent
results.  For example, One time I will get 1.55ml and the second time I get
3.22 ml  using WVO from the same batch and drawing from the same solution of
NaOH and water.

First is that kind of variability to be expected?

Second I noticed in reviewing the tritration documents again, that isopropyl
alcohol is specifed.  I have been using the same methanol that I use in the
conversion process.  Prefacing this with "I ain't no chemist", Is that the
source of my problem?  If that is the case can someone explain why the
titration is done with one type of alcohol when the process is run with a
different one?

Also I seem to be having difficulty keeping the WVO and alcohol mixed during
the titration process, which would be what I would attribute to the variation
in the results.  I have been carrying out the  titration in a test tube and
shaking it after each drop, but the oil still seems to settle out.  And even
when they are mixed it is a cloudy white solution, not clear as the  JTF
documents indicate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Doug Memering