Regardless of the climate changes wind is cheaper by far. lets say you
need 25Kw/H per day (that is my average use)

This assumes no storage facility and constant production

Solar you have MAYBE 12 hours/day to make electricity. Of that you can
only count on 25% to be producing MAX panel power.
This means you need to make 2Kw/h (12 hours production) and 6.25Kw/H
with 4 hours for production.

With wind you need only 1.05Kw/H

Now reality says you wont get wind 24/7 (some palces do) and that you
will have days where you wont get any sun.

For a home wind setup I would go with 2Kw/H and a fair sized storage
facility. Solar I would go with 10Kw/H and a huge
storage facility. If I owned the building I live in (i rent office + apt
in the same building) I would mount 4 500w generators
on the roof. We have a fairly good wind blowing all the time. Plenty of
space for a good 24v battery bank with 2000aH.
Pay off is around 3 years. It can be much shorter depending on your
power use along with if your power co has a
co-generation energy credit program.

Jeromie