From: Joe Street [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:05:51 -0300
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Silver, chlorine, etc. (was Katrina..

Right so you throw a chunk of silver in your cistern and put an ozonizer or UV in the delivery line close to the point of use.  I learned how to make colloidal silver back around 1997 and it is amazing stuff. I had a friend with a freshwater fish tank that was having problems with fish dying from some bacteria or fungus.  I told him about silver and he threw a chunk of silver cut from a 1 oz bar into the tank and that was the end of the problem.  At home in my water treatment system (yes I don't trust the municipality to get it right) I have a combination of elements including a membrane, and UV sterilizer.  I noticed during maintenance that some of the filters in the system downstream of the activated carbon (which removes the chlorine) and upstream of the UV would get a clear slimy coating gowing over the filter media over time.  I threw a chunk of silver into the housings and the slime never returned. A large cistern with a couple of pure silver bars in it with just a hundred microamps  flowing between them should keep the water fresh. Making colloidal silver uses more like 20 miliamps for a short period of time and you need to make sure the silver is at least 99.9 % pure or better if possible.  You need to start with distilled water to avoid creating silver compounds electrochemically. Use current regulation rather than voltage regulation and the process is optimized by the addition of ultrasonic energy to keep the nanoscale particles from adhering to the electrodes.An old ultrasonic humidifier works well for this.  Put water in the transducer well and sit a mason jar into the well with your distilled water in it.  The ultrasonics couple right through the glass of the jar into your forming colloid quite nicely. Afterwards although the water won't look any different to the naked eye, the beam from a laser pointer will be clearly visible in the water which will not be the case in distilled or DI water.  Adding just a few drops of the colloid to a vase with cut flowers will keep the water from going putrid until long after the flowers are gone.  I had carnations in a mason jar of tap water (chlorine removed) with a teaspoon of colloid added, for over a month!  Get a nasal sprayer and dump out the addictive antihisamine crap, rinse it out and put silver colloid in.  Whenever a sore throat comes on at the first sign, spray the back of the throat and nasal passages and conserve your energy while your immune system gears up.  This is better than drinking colloid which I don't recommend and only uses a few drops per application which you do as needed. I have done this countless times and the cold never develops beyond a little throat irritation unless I am burning the candle at both ends and not resting.  Great stuff!

Joe
snip