Hello all,

I have started making my own biodiesel recently and am slowly building up an
appleseed reactor.

I have been getting an old diesel motor to build a generator with and also
test the biodiesel in. So far it runs very well.

My aim would be however to drive my 2005 VW Golf Variant (in the US it's
sold as Jetta?) TDi on biodiesel, at least a mix. I have read all I could
and know it's doable and also that VW maintains its warranty if you use
Biodiesel.

What I have read too however is that biodiesel clogs the fuel filter. And
not just on the start (when you start putting bio instead of dino) but
always. Is that the case?
Should I change the filter more often?
Also considering that it's my first real car and that it's hence brand new
(well I have put 3000 miles on it) would it be simpler/less hassle/safer to
run it on a dino/bio mix first?

Any comments are really welcome, I'm looking forward to run on biodiesel but
want to make it as smooth as possible.

Regards,
Pierre