This is a letter to Brian Rodgers.
I thought it appropriate for this thread.
My friend Lee has more to say about aid efforts if anybody would like
to see more.
Brian

Subject: If this doesn't piss you off you aren't paying attention...

According to reliable sources, the efforts of Red Cross and individual
volunteers in New Mexico to assist New Orleans evacuees have now
largely been shut down by FEMA. The LA Times has just published an
interview with Michael Brown of FEMA in which he openly acknowledges
that FEMA is blocking the efforts not only of volunteers but also of
fire and police departments. Says Brown the Bonehead,

"There is going to come this natural time when we will release this
floodgate of cops and firefighters who want to help. It's the same for
anyone who wants to volunteer — we have over 50,000 offers of
donations from the private sector. It has to be coordinated in such a
way that it helps."

In other words, they are deliberately and consciously obstructing
relief efforts until such time as they see fit to do otherwise.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-katrina8sep08,0,2942650.story