Marty Phee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

> Wouldn't putting in a sub-division or office park have the same effect
> on the wind as turbines do?

Probably a greater effect on stopping the wind, as these structures are solid
and
rigid, while the wind turbines move in response to the wind and deflect the
wind
rather than stop it.  Further, the buildings will present a much larger cross
section to the wind than a wind turbine.  So there's your new justification for
stopping construction of oil refineries or nuclear power plants - they'll
disrupt
the wind and cause climate change.

Darryl
(tongue somewhat in cheek)
<snip unrelated material from original post>

--
Darryl McMahon      http://www.econogics.com/
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?