A member of the International Panel on Climate Change from Victoria, BC,
Canada was on a national radio program and he talked about the fact that he
was asked to appear as a guest on a national American TV network (could have
been NBC) to debate Global Warming.  The network wanted some one to take the
other view point; that Global Warming didn't exist or wasn't caused by
humans.  The Climate scientist said he would debate this issue with any one
they chose as long as that person was a climate scientist and not an
econmist.
The TV network could not find a climate scientist that would take the other
viewpoint so the debate could not take place.

Terry Dyck