>  Honestly I don't know, I'm just going by the "biodiesel used in a
> non-native environment will remove engine buildup that can clog fuel filters
> easily statement." With any luck at all, I'll have some really good
> emissions testing to share w/i a few months.
>
>  Correct me if I'm wrong, basing this off information about tax info, (which
> doesn't even LIST d1), D2 is the commercially available diesel.

I can vouch for biodiesel removing deposits of stuff and clogging up
filters when used in a vehicle that was previously used with
petro-diesel.

As for #1 diesel, I have seen it at truck refueling places, where you
can sometimes get #1, #2, or a 50/50 blend of them, but never at the
local gas station.  And even the #2 diesel at truck stops seems to run
better than the diesel from in town gas stations.  I suspect that
these places don't sell enough diesel to people who care to bother
getting high quality stuff.