Not yet Zeke.

If the airline wants to tout it's highest fuel economy vehicle, so can
the ground transportation sector.

Using you're method you'd be giving an unfair leg up to the airline by
accepting their high fuel efficiency model but handicapping ground
transport by introducing an "average" efficiency value. Best to best.
Average to average. Worst to worst.

At least they're getting off the hook by not being scrutinized under an
emissions regimen (which is actually where this thread started, come to
think of it), where the Jetta would would cash in nicely with B-100 as
nearly carbon neutral, compared to their 100% carbon negative.

Todd Swearingen