Kjell,

I will certainly give this a try for my own purposes, it seems simple
enough.  But, I can operate a TIG and have access to one.
Unfortunately, a TIG welder and the associated experience are not
widely spread.  I do want to keep this project as Appropriate as
possible.  So, I'm trying to find materials that are as readily
available as possible.  Also, I plan to use propolene glycol so, there
is the issue of double walls.  I could certainly adapt this idea
accordingly.  Its really too bad that brazing the plate together
wouldn't be sufficient - that would make it an easier DIY.

Thanks a bunch,
Take care,
Ken