Modified sine: stepped generation of approximate sine wave. The issue is that
modified sine generates transients that interfere with some attached
equipment power supplies (an example being in the medical field: Baxter
Colleague infusion pumps overheat their power supplies on modified sine wave
inverters: We had to change our Ambulance inverters to pure sine wave
inverters.)

regards Doug