Hi Peter

>Hi Keith and All ;
>
>I had a bug infestation eating new leaves on some
>trees I was growing.  The only thing I had handy was
>some 85% methanol.  I used a hand pump spray bottle
>and sprayed it on, and the plants loved it, the bugs
>all died and haven't come back yet.

Interesting. With 85% too. Did the methanol kill the bugs? (The other
possibility is that the newly invigorated trees killed them.)

I sprayed some 10% methanol on some greens but didn't see any
difference with the ones I didn't spray. But it was autumn already,
much less light, so I didn't expect much, and I don't know if they're
C3 or C4 plants. I thought it was a good result that it didn't kill
them. I'll try again in the summer.

Thanks, all best

Keith