>Evergreen Solutions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>I would...
>
>consider NaOH flakes over beads, usually cheaper...
>and dbl check that 90% pure KoH is good enough.

85% is good enough. Please see:
More about lye
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#lye

>I'm a fan of the NaOH method because it leaves you with a byproduct
>that can be used in waste fuel furnaces.

Why do you think the by-product using KOH can't be used in the same
way? If your waste oil furnace will burn NaOH by-product it will
certainly burn KOH by-product. There are some glycerine by-product
sawdust "logs" burning in our woodstove right now. Previously we used
sawdust logs made with NaOH by-peroduct, there's no difference.

Best

Keith