Have you ever thought of a salt sanding spreader that people use in snow
communities for street sanding.

Gregory I. Ocnos

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Garth & Kim
Travis
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:16 AM
To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] Spreading compost

Greetings,
Does anyone have any ideas of how to spread compost at the rate of 5
tons
per acre?  I mean other than with a shovel or bucket.  I do have a tilt
trailer, but the compost does not just trickle out the back like I want
it
to.  Also, any easier ideas of how to spread lime at 1000 lbs per acre
would be appreciated.  Walking around with a scoop and a bucket gets
old,
real fast.  The big trucks won't do less than 5000 lbs per acre and want
do a minimum of 10 acres at a time.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):