Input will be greatly appreciated.

I have been considering a purchase of a home emergency backup generator with
diesel engine.  My plan is to learn to make biodiesel and use it to power
the generator.  There is a supplier of biodiesel, here in Houston, TX, which
i can use as a backup source of fuel.  Wish I could say the same for
ethanol... sigh

I have found this generator on ebay, and it is local to me.  This is the
ebay link with picture:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERGENCY-HOME-DIESEL-GENERATOR_W0QQitemZ7583505605QQcat
egoryZ106437QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is the text included:
------------------
Item Specifics - Generators
 Type:  Trailer Mounted    Power Source:  Diesel
 Make:  Isuzu    Max Output (KW):  50.1 - 100
 Model:  MAGNUM    Condition:  Used

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A MAGNUM 50 TRAILER MOUNTED EMERGENCY HOME BACK-UP
GENERATOR. IT HAS REMOTE START CAPABILITIES, 98 GALLON TRAILER FUEL CELL, 4
CYLINDER DIRECT INJECTED ISUZU DIESEL ENGINE, HEIGHT 6' 6", WIDTH 4', LENGTH
8'. NO RESERVE. PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. 713-206-5163. ASK FOR
JOHN. THANKS
-------------------

the starting bid price is $3200, which is a little more than i wanted to pay
but the capacity looks really good.  50.1 - 100 kw max capacity??  is that
possible in a unit this size?  98 gallon tank.. i like that.

Anyone know of any problems i may encounter if i run biodiesel in it?

Anyone know of any PROS or CONS of this model?

Love this mail group.  Everyone seems very knowledgeable and eager to help.

Keith, i was reading more about the Journey to Forever project last night.
I find it to be a very noble endeavor.  I wish you all the best and hope it
is a smashing success!

best wishes
Mark

Houston, TX