Not at all. About 1948 or 9 my mother used to put my middle sister
out in her baby carriage (with the hood up) in view of the kitchen
window to get fresh air. She found that the neighbours' cat liked to
get into the carriage and lie on my sister's face. If I recall
rightly this was in cool weather.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Jeromie Reeves wrote:

> That is not entirely a "old wives tale". In 80/81 my little brother
> would have issues when our cat would
> get into his crib to try and drink his bottle. While it never killed him
> he did get upset. I can see how a
> child who is alergic, or if the cat is large, could possibly hurt a infant.
>
> Jeromie
>

> Greg and April wrote:
>
> >Let's not forget of the old wives tale of cat's laying on infants,
> >smothering them.
> >
> >Greg H.

[snip]