This is something that worried me for a long time and maybe "the sh-t
will hit the fan" now. Let us hope that this is only a blimp and not
a major attack on the US economy. This is potentially a very powerful
WMD and directed against US, who was very stupid . It is however
understandable if they lost their patience with US and are prepared
to take the economical consequences of hurting the dollar and US. In
financial  circles, the trust in the word of US was lost a long time
ago. The cost for the oil countries will however be enormous and they
would not take it, if they still had any belief in the dollar as
world currency. If they lost the belief in the US economical future,
then they might use the reserves at the time when it would hurt US as most.

If this escalate, US might try to occupy more of the worlds oil
reserves. The experiences from Iraq are however depressing, it is
very difficult and militarily expensive to try to maintain the oil
production under occupation. US have showed to be inept in drawing on
the Iraqi reserves and any new conflict would hurt US the most. Even
if US is militarily powerful, it is very difficult to translate this
to a rise in oil production, which take a lot more manpower. In Iraq
the oil production is barely a quarter to a half of the pre war
production. The situation does not look good at all and it will spill
over to Europe, if US take actions. US will find itself in a lonely
spot and against the rest of the world and could result in less
honorable wars in South America and other places who have energy
resources with shorter and defendable transportation routes. Pressure
on Canada to deliver will go up several magnitudes.

Hakan