I guess you didn't read the abstract which says that settling time IS also reduced with ultrasonics (although I don't understand the mechanism or how that works).

Joe

Tonomár András wrote:
Joe,

In my well isolated reactor the tempreture stays above 55 deg for 3 hours.
so the amount of enregy needed goes in with the initial heating and this is
independent from
how long I process my fuel. In fact I use mechanical stirrer wich means
there is no heat loss
in the tubes outside tubes, and the mechanical energy remains in the reactor
also as heat.

Other thing is that the reaction time is 10 or 60 or 120 minutes doesn't
matter.
the reason is that you have to settle for 12 - 24 hours anyway.
in my point of view speeding up the settling would be something much more
logical direction to go.
Another reason for this is that the 2 stage mathods require a re-heating,
which could be avoided
if separation was compete in 1 hour vs. 24 hours
Keep going
Andrew